A student who has passed Karnataka SSLC or equivalent examination is eligible to seek admission to Pre University Colleges.
- Students who pass SSLC examination are eligible for admission to Pre University Classes.
- Colleges will admit students to the approved languages and combinations only.
- Students strength shall be minimum of 40 and maximum of 100 students.
- SC/ST or minority institutions will admit 50% of students belonging to respective caste/category.
- The students who pass SSLC or equivalent examination of other states should obtain Eligibility/Equivalency certificate by remitting a challan of Rs.300/- and submitting the same to the principal of the college.
- Every year a detailed Dates of events for making admissions to the I PUC classes is issued by the commissionerate.
- The students who study I PUC in other states or other countries and want to join II PUC in Karnataka, should obtain Eligibility Certificate from the Director of Pre-University Education without this certificate the Principals will not admit such students.
- A student who has written I PUC examination in a particular combination is not eligible for readmission in the same combination. By changing the combination he can get re-admitted to the Pre University classes. For this permission from Director has to be obtained. However students who have been prevented from writing examination due to the shortage of attendance can get admitted to the same combination.
- 5% of the seats should be reserved for Physically Handicapped students.
- After the admissions are over each student will be allotted a computerized student number.
- Last date for admission to both I & II PUC are notified by Commissionerate in the Calendar of events every year. Fee particulars (Annexure-1)
Course Particulars :
- Pre-University Education is a 2 year course with District level examination for I PUC Classes and State level Examination for 2nd Pre University classes.
- Each student has to take 2 languages and 4 subjects in any approved combination in Arts/Science/Commerce stream (as in Annexure 2)
- The student should attend the classes regularly and should get a minimum of 75% attendance in each subject in order to qualify to write the Examination.
- For I and II year Pre University classes three tests will be conducted every year.
Download College Admission Form format :
Note: You need a PDF reader like Adobe Acrobat PDF Reader or Foxit PDF Reader to open and view .pdf documents.